International Fluency Association Conference
Ken St. Louis will be a featured speaker at the International Fluency Association conference to be held July 6-8, 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal.
IPATHA Contributor, Katarzyna Wesierska, published an article in Forum Logopedyczne about her experience at the Stuttering Attitudes Research Symposium. See the full article (written in Polish) here. [published with author's consent].
International Cluttering Association Conference
IPATHA Contributors, Katarzyna Wesierska, Ken St. Louis, Agnieszka Myszka, and Agnieszka Plusajska-Otto, received an award for their poster, Comparison of attitudes towards cluttering among Polish SLTs and the general public in Poland using the POSHA-Cl, at the 2014 International Cluttering Association Conference in Eindhoven, Netherlands.
Stuttering Attitudes Research Symposium
The first Stuttering Attitudes Research Symposium was held in Morgantown on Septmeber 4-7, 2013. The symposium was designed to bring together people who are engaged or interested in public attitudes toward stuttering or related areas. Ken St. Louis organized the symposium with the assistance of Ph.D. student, Mary Weidner.
Topics & Speakers were as follows:
- International epidemiology of public attitudes toward stuttering (Ken St. Louis, West Virginia University)
- Stigma of stuttering (Gordon Blood, Pennsylvania State University)
- Teasing and bullying of stuttering children (Marilyn Langevin, University of Alberta)
- Job discrimination in stuttering adults (Rodney Gabel, University of Toledo)
- Changing public and professional attitudes toward stuttering (Fauzia Abdalla, Kuwait University)